CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 18, 2008

What a Classic Combination

After lunch on Sunday, Brett decided he needed a sugar fix, and with Brett, that means a whole pile of whatever cookies we have on hand. Right now he is on an Oreo kick, which means our boys are on an Oreo kick. Ian took one look at the package that Brett pulled out of the cupboard and dropped everything he was doing to climb into Brett's lap for a cookie fix. It was so adorable, Ian took a cookie, untwisted it, licked the center,

put the cookie back together, dunked it into the milk,

and then broke it into little pieces to eat. He did this little routine every time he ate a cookie. I am pretty sure he has never seen anyone eat an Oreo like this. Perhaps it is something kids are born knowing how to do, like breathing, or crying. My favorite part of this was watching Ian as he dunked his last cookie into the milk, dropped it, and couldn't figure out what had happened.

Ian had so much fun trying to fish the cookie back out of the milk, but once he got it, he refused to eat it. I guess even two-year-olds have their standards.

4 comments:

Amy D.

Could that red hair be ANY cuter...I just love it. I am afraid I will never get one. And...Ethan has that same sweater, so cute!

Natalie

Loved this post. Ian is sooo cute. And now I want an Oreo...

Aubrey

There's nothing like eating Oreos for Father-Son bonding time! So Fun! :)

Jen

That is so funny!! ERika totally did that the first time she had an OREO. Now she will just open it up and eat the middle and throw the rest of it away. It is so funny.