I am not done posting abour our trip to California, so this is a little out of order, but the cutest thing happened tonight and I didn't want to forget it. When we were putting the kids to bed, I told Colin to give Brett a hug good night, and Colin looked at me and said "No, Famous Hugs." Famous Hugs are hugs where Colin wraps his arms as tightly around your neck as he possibly can. When he first started doing this, I told him he should be famous for those hugs and the name kind of stuck. After "Famous Hugs," I asked Colin if he wanted Brett to read him a book, and Colin said he wanted Brett to tell him stories. Lately, whenever Brett is able to put Colin to sleep, Colin wants Brett to make up stories instead of reading them. I left the room to put Ian to bed and the next thing I know Brett is at the computer typing. So I went over there to see what was going on and Brett told me that for the first time ever, Colin had decided to make up a story of his own. It was so cute that Brett had wanted to write it down before he forgot it. This is the story Colin told Brett:
Once upon a time, there was a little daddy named . . . Brett. And Brett went to school and did some work. And then he finished his work and came back home. And then he played with Colin. The end.
I love these kinds of moments!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
People say that being a kid is magical...I think that raising kids is magical! That just warms my heart. I can't believe we are all grown up and mothers!
that makes my heart melt, my little colin is so sweet.
Post a Comment