This year has been quite interesting so far, and we are only 3 days into it. I think the most interesting thing is that both of my boys refuse to let me change them out of their pajamas, or let me comb their hair for that matter, for the third day in a row. (
Fortunately this hasn't posed much of a problem since we live in a frozen tundra, and it has been far to cold to got out at all this week anyway.) I even told them that we were going to be baby sitting their friend Sam today, but they still wouldn't change into their clothes. The boys love it when Sam comes to play because he sees their toys in a new way and everything is fun again. When Sam showed up all of the sudden everyone needed a dinosaur in one hand and a train in the other. I tried to understand the game they were playing, but apparently they were communicating the rules using ESP or something, and I was never able to understand it. After about and hour of trains and dinosaurs they decided to take a break for lunch. I have never seen them eat that fast, they were back to playing within 5 minutes. After lunch they started racing cars around the house. The only place safe to sit was in our computer chair, so I sought refuge there and watch the races, or more like the crashes, take place on the floor below me. Because they were racing I thought it would be fun to turn on the music from
Cars
. As soon as I turned the music on the boys were screaming and bouncing around. They all knew the words, and they were singing their little hearts out.
I couldn't help but laugh, and then the dancing started. They were twirling and jumping and just having a great time. When the song was over Colin wanted to listen to Sh'boom (Life Could Be a Dream) by the Chords. He has a very special dance he does whenever this song comes on.
(He used to climb on to the island in our kitchen and do this dance, and then when the song was over, he would make me rewind the movie and play it again.) As soon as the song reached the part of the song that plays in the movie, Colin started doing his dance. Then Ian started to copy him.
Pretty soon Sam caught on, and they were all doing it together.
Once the song was over they wanted to go back to Life is a Highway, but instead of dancing they decided to all do somersaults.
Since none of them were really paying attention to the others they kept landing on top of one another. Then in typical boy fashion, what started out as dancing, ended in a wrestling match.
The funny thing is, I am not really sure who came out on top!
6 comments:
Very amusing. I'm looking forward to boyish rambunctiousness after all of my (few) years of girly niceties.
That's great! If my husband were there he would join right in! He can't wait to do those "boyish" activities w/ Hyrum. Sounds like you are having a fun day!
I need to see the dance. You need to bring the music.
that dance sounds hilarious! the pictures were perfect. you'll love those when they're older!
great action photos!! i also love the picture of brett and the bee bop...
Cute post! We love the music from Cars at our house. In fact, Andrew just ruined our second DVD of Cars. He loves to watch the first part over and over for the song. Then take it out, hold it, throw it, and clumsily put it back in the player. Yeah, no wonder it hasn't lasted long.
Post a Comment