Thursday, April 2, 2009
So Frustrating
A few weeks ago Brett and I were all excited to come home from our ultra sound and announce to the world that the baby is a . . . . . But that didn't happen. Do you know why? Because when we went in for the ultra sound the doctor (who is not my doctor) said "it's a girl!" Then a few minutes later he said "Wait, I see boy parts . . . nope that's the umbilical cord." A few minutes later the doctor says "Wait, I see boy parts . . . nope that's the umbilical cord." This went on for few minutes. Basically, we left the ultra sound with the knowledge that the baby could be a boy or a girl. Don't you just love it when you learn something new. A friend of mine suggested I call my doctor and explain what happened and ask him if I could come in for a gender check. I called and they told me to call back in a week, my doctor was out for spring break. So I waited that week, not patiently I might add, and called again. This time I spoke to a nurse, not even my doctors nurse, and asked her if she would ask about the gender check. She told me they wouldn't do it, since the 20 week ultra sound is really just to check that everything is fine. So as of now, I am 23 weeks pregnant and I have no idea what I am having. I have a doctors appointment next Friday, where I am going to beg my doctor to check and see if I am having a boy or a girl. Keep your fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Kind of like a million years ago, when we went to have you and didn't know until you made your sweet presence known!!!!
That would drive me nuts!!! I hate not knowing. Do you have any ultra sound places in the mall? We have a few around here and for like $50 they tell you the gender as early as 15 weeks. You should check that out. Or really be a beast and INSIST that you want one. Don't ask, TELL!
Good Luck.
I'm so glad you are back blogging....It has been tooooooo long and I've missed hearing about you and your kids!!!
Oh, so frustrating!
Post a Comment