CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 17, 2009

I Dreamed a Dream

Last night, around 1:00, Colin came into my room really upset. He had a dream about a shark with really big teeth and was a little too nervous to go back to sleep. I took him back to his room and gave him Noah

and told him that Noah would scare away any more bad dreams. He still looked kind of sad, so I asked him if he wanted to say a prayer. He did, so we said a prayer. When it was over, he looked calm again and said, "Thanks Mom, that is just what I needed." He rolled over and went straight back to sleep. Getting up in the middle of the night can really be a big pain, as any mother with a husband who sleeps like he's been shot with an elephant tranquilizer knows. But it sure doesn't feel like such a challenge on the nights that I get to be a part of these kinds of experiences.

2 comments:

Barbara Jackson

Elephant tranqualizer huh? That is the funniest and truest thing I've read!!!!

Brett Gilbert

We know that Colin will now be safe in his sleep from everyone, except for Dangerous Dave and Red the Terrible. The problem is that Red the Terrible bunks just underneath him.