Monday, April 6, 2009
Belated Birthday
We celebrated Brett's 29th birthday a few weeks ago. Brett started the day by being serenaded by the boys as soon as he got up. After a breakfast of eggs and bacon, Brett and his mom went to school with Colin. Then we headed up to Red Robin for lunch. I tried to get them to sing to Brett, but they said there weren't enough people left on shift. (That didn't stop them from singing to two other tables just a few minutes later, but whatever!) Brett decided that he wanted to have steak and chicken kabobs for his birthday dinner. So on our way home, we stopped at Walmart so the birthday boy could buy a grill. Then we headed to the grocery store to get all the food. I was a little worried about barbecuing again. The last time we did that, Brett singed off all the hair on his arm. (So, as you can imagine, when our little grill was stolen a few weeks later I was actually a little relieved.) When it came time to eat that night, I couldn't believe how well everything had turned out, and there were no disasters either. As soon as dinner was over, it was time for cake. The boys spent the afternoon helping me make cupcakes. When I asked Brett what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, he said he wanted an assortment of orange, blue, and yellow cupcakes. Then he wanted one cupcake that had all three colors together. I tried my best to accommodate this request, and this was the final outcome.
All in all it, was a wonderful way to spend a birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Love the cupcakes. How fun. How do you do that?
Ever thought of catering?
Post a Comment