CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

Since Brett is in Japan this summer, I was really not looking forward to my birthday. I didn't want to get my hopes up for a nice birthday, and not get one. I should have known not to worry. I have the greatest friends and family in the world. The night before my birthday two of my best friends, Jeni and Kimberly, showed up at my door with a birthday cake. We stayed up late talking and eating that delicious cake. It was a wonderful night. On my birthday the boys and I ate sprinkled doughnuts for breakfast and then I opened presents from my family. My parents sent this crazy Legally Blonde card that plays music when opened. The boys loved it. They opened it so much they both had the lyrics memorized in a matter of minutes. After presents Colin had a t-ball game. Then Kimberly watched my boys for 5 1/2 hours (her choice) so I could go out and do something fun. I went to Color Me Mine and painted a big bowl. I took my new ipod, that Brett got me for my birthday, and listened to Twilight while I painted. It was so therapeutic. After that, I met Jeni for lunch. Her husband Dave used his lunch hour to watch their kids so Jeni could take me to lunch. How sweet is that! I got home from lunch just in time to receive a delivery from my sister. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen. A bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries, my favorite!
It was from this company called Edible Arrangements. I have never heard of anything like this, I don't know where she finds this stuff. When the boys got home I took them to Target, they wanted to buy me a birthday present. I thought that was adorable. We were going to go somewhere for dinner, but the boys were too tired. So instead I bought them little Pizza Hut pizza's, and I got Outback to go, and we ate at home while we watched a movie. Once that was done it was time for bed. I thought they would go to sleep quickly since they were so tired, but Ian kept getting out of bed to come wish me a Happy Birthday. It really made my night. Once they were asleep I popped some popcorn, grabbed a couple of chocolate covered strawberries and watch National Treasure 2. I could not have asked for a better birthday. Thank you to all of you who made it so special. I love you!

1 comments:

Brett Gilbert

So I called Necia to tell he Happy Birthday, and I said to her, "Do you know how I knew you were having a birthday today?" She was like, "No." I was like, "Because I just got four presents and a card in the mail from you today." Necia had sent me some books and a nice card so that I would have some reading material here in Japan--books cost like 2wice as much here, although you can get pretty much anything you can in the States. So I was like, "Yup. Must be Necia's birthday because I was the one who got presents and a card!"

By the way, Necia, remember that your birthday only lasts until September 22!