CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

License and Registration

Ian has become obsessed with license plates. Every time we stop at a red light he starts reading off the license plates of the cars around us. When he reads them he says the 3 letters, then he says the word guy, and then says the three numbers. I couldn't figure out what guys had to do with anything. Until today. Ian walked up to Brett's car while we were outside and started to read off his license plate. I went over to watch. Since he could reach the plate he pointed out the letters as he read them. Then he pointed and said guy. I finally understand what guy is. This:

The State of Minnesota! How cute is that!

4 comments:

Brett Gilbert

You know how when you take paint and drip it on paper and then you fold the paper in half and it makes a design, and you're supposed to be able to phsychoanalyze someone based on what they say based on what they say the design looks like (i.e. "pretty butterfly" or "murder in progress")? If there are any psychoanalysts out there, could you please interepret what Ian is thinking when he calls that blob a "guy?"

In all honesty (*clearing of throat plus devious, sarcastic grin*), I think it's that he is going through a where-in-the-world-is-Dad? crisis where everywhere he looks, he sees that faintly familiar "guy" he used to know so well. Could that be it? . . .

Nicole

I am sure he misses you brett, but thats a little deep for that little red head of yours.

Marti

wgswNicole:I agree with you!!! Brett he is missing you!

Joseph

I think it looks kinda like the cheat.

From what I understand, the psychoanalysis in a Rorschach test doesn't depend much on what they say they see; it depends on their explanation of why. Someone with psychotic tendencies typically can't formulate a coherent answer, but gets distracted, changes his mind, tells a story about something that happened to the blot's friend... The analysis is also limited to ten specific blots and Wisconsin isn't one of them. There just isn't enough statistical data to say much more than that he's cute.