Saturday, July 12, 2008
At the Car Wash
Colin has been terrified of the car wash for as long as I can remember. Today we had to brave the car wash since our car was so dirty I couldn't take it anymore. I let Colin get out of his booster seat and come up front with me while we were in the car wash. Everything was going fine, with the exception of his white knuckles, until they told us there was a glitch and we needed to pull out and go back through again. I was sure he would scream about no going through the car wash, like he had the first time, but our car was covered in soap so we had no choice but to go through again. Some how Colin was fine with going through again. They even upgraded our car wash for free for the inconvenience, which meant doubling the time we would be in the car wash. We went through again and there was no crying, no screaming, and no white knuckles. When we were done I told Colin we would go get ice cream because he was such a brave boy. When we got home, and Colin was eating his ice cream, he looked at me and said "Mom, can we go to the car wash and get ice cream again? I think the car will be dirty enough next week." Who knew?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Ice cream fixes EVERYTHING for me too!!!
I am so proud of him, I remember when he would cry just driving by a car wash.
Post a Comment