CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Argh, Matey!

This afternoon Colin came to me crying because the inside of his eye was hurting. I asked him if it felt like something was in there, and he said yes. I took him into the bathroom and flushed out his eye. When I was done I asked him if it was better, and he said yes. A few minutes later he came back complaining of pain again. So we flushed his eye out again. This went on 4 more times. When he came back after the 6th time, I decided to take him to the doctor. Lucky for us our Pediatrician has weekend hours. When we got there the doctor placed phosphorescent dye in his eye, and used a black light to check for abrasions. This was quite the experience. Colin became completely panicked and refused to open his eyes. It wasn't till the doctor showed him what he looked like under the black light, with all that dye all over his eyes and cheeks, that he even opened his eyes. The doctor said he had a small abrasion and he would need to wear a patch till tomorrow morning. Colin didn't like this idea. The doctor explained to him that if he wouldn't wear it he would definitely have to come back tomorrow and do it all again. If he wore the patch there was a chance that he wouldn't have to come back. That worked. He agreed to wear the patch all night, and promised not to rub his eye anymore.

Hopefully the patch will work and he won't be in any pain tomorrow, or back to the doctor we go. On the bright side, he did get to pick out what color his bandage would be.

2 comments:

Barbara Jackson

A couple of things:

1. You are SO LUCKY your dr. has weekend hours!!!!!!!

2. Good choice on bandage color Colin!!!!!

3. You are a wonderful mom!!!!

Brett Gilbert

I watched Goonies last night in Colin's honor.

Colin, why don't you watch Captain Feathersword on the Wiggles?

Get well soon!