CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

For All the Marbles

A while ago, Brett and I came up with a system to reward Colin and Ian for good behavior, or, should I say, above and beyond good behavior. Basically, we award them a marble each time they do something above and beyond what they are expected to do. The boys have been saving their marbles all summer, 85 total, but we didn't really know what to do with them. A week ago, Colin asked me if he could turn his marbles in for new train pieces. I told him I would talk to Brett and we would get back to him. Brett thought it was a great idea and told Colin that they would go to Michael's and look at the trains. So this afternoon, the family piled into the van to go look at trains. Colin picked out a few pieces that he didn't have, and Brett told him his options and how many marbles each piece would cost. Colin finally decided on a new train and a bridge.

Ian didn't want to trade his marbles in for trains. He wanted some kind of Mickey Mouse airplane thing. Brett and I didn't know what he was talking about, so I told him he could save his marbles till we knew what he wanted. He was happy with this.

Colin managed to save some of his marbles and is already talking about what he is going to get next.

1 comments:

Barbara Jackson

So cute in their vests!!!!!!!! Oh no, is it really cold enough for long sleeves and vests already?????