I think he looks so cute. When we got to his lessons part of me was a little worried he wouldn't want to go in the water after the day we had, but as you can see he had a great time.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Not Afraid to Go Back in the Water
Today the boys and I decided to go to the Underwater Adventures Aquarium at the Mall of America.
We got there right at the perfect time, the boys got to watch them feed all the smaller animals, such as turtles and baby alligators. They would scream as the animals would fight for the food. I thought it was funny, but I am not sure what the other patrons thought. When we were done watching, we went into the 300 ft. underground tunnel to see all the other fish, as well as the shark exhibit. The boys thought it was fun to look at the fish, but they were completely entranced when they saw the sharks, especially when they would swim over the top of us.
They kept walking backwards on the moving walkway to stay in the exhibit longer. Good thing it wasn't crowded.
When Colin saw this he screamed "That nose is huge!" When we were done walking through the tunnel the boys decided they were hungry. Since they were so well behaved, I told them they could pick where they wanted to eat lunch. They decided to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. I was a little nervous about taking the boys to a restaurant all by myself, but they did great. Luckily we got seated right under this.
That kept them entertained while we ate. When we were done eating the boys wanted to go see the sharks again. So we went through a second time, and then a third. After that it was time to go home, the boys were getting a little cranky. When we got home I needed to get Colin ready to go to his first swim lesson. So I went up stairs to find his suit and I couldn't find it. I turned the whole house upside down and still couldn't find it. So with an hour to spare, we set out to find Colin a new suit. Luckily we found one.

I think he looks so cute. When we got to his lessons part of me was a little worried he wouldn't want to go in the water after the day we had, but as you can see he had a great time.
(Sorry for the quality of the picture. I took it through a window so I would not disturb or distract the class. He is the one in the middle with the giant smile on his face!)
I think he looks so cute. When we got to his lessons part of me was a little worried he wouldn't want to go in the water after the day we had, but as you can see he had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
You are such a cool mom! I'm a total wimp about taking the kids around everywhere by myself--I love all the adventures that you guys go on!
Lookie here, Colin. See all of these cool things that live in the water? Look at the nifty, gruesome, terrible shark guy. And the freaky, deadly, pointy nose stabber fish thingy. But don't take too long looking. We have to hurry and go get you a swim suit so you can go swimming, too. No worries!
We are witing for the people to move out of the house. we already have one but they don't close on thier house till the 23rd, maybe sooner... lets hope sooner. It's actually just a rental house here in farmington we are kinda laying low until the housing market turns and business picks up. Ugh, that's the life of being self employed.
Necia: I love your blogs!! Wish I was close enough to come play too!
Hang in there and you'll make it through the summer! With all the fun things your doing it will go fast! Love ya!
Necia, this is Heather Garner Knight! I saw your name when I went to leave a comment on the Sacketts blog! Your boys are cute! They look like their daddy! My kids would love that shark tunnel, and the rainforest cafe! Sounds like a fun day!
Aw that is so cool. I love how everything is indoors in Minneapolis.
Post a Comment