CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lost in Translation

Tonight, while I was giving him a bath, Ian asked me a question. I couldn't understand him, so I asked him to repeat it. He did, but I still didn't catch what he was saying. I asked him to repeat it again. This went on for a few minutes, back and forth. Finally Ian turned to Colin, repeated the same question, and Colin translated what Ian had said. When Colin told me what Ian was asking I couldn't believe I didn't understand what Ian had been saying. It was so obvious. Good thing Colin was there when I needed help, I didn't even know he knew a foreign language.

6 comments:

Brett Gilbert

異言の賜物の授与を祈り求めたら…?

Brett Gilbert

And when you talk to them, it's, "wah WAH WAH wah," not, "wah wah wah WAH."

Nicole

whatever you say Brett, what I want to know is what did Ian ask you?

Barbara Jackson

I'm with Nicole, what was the magical question?

necia

Is the white bottle the conditioner?

Sjauna

Evelynn does that... like after I ask Owen to repeat something a few times, she'll just impatiently repeat it to me so I can understand without even looking up from what she's doing.