Since it's Father's Day, I thought I would make a list of things I love about Brett. Things that make him the wonderful Father that he is. Especially since he is very far away this Father's Day, and we are missing him terribly, and I can't tell him these things in person. (Plus then I can show some of the cute pictures of Brett and the boys that I would not get to show otherwise.) Brett has never ceased to amaze me in his efforts to give our family enough quality time, even while he is in Law School. He is very determined not to miss out on any experience with the boys. He even gave me strict instructions before he left about things I was not allowed to do while he was gone. Such as teach Colin to ride a bike. I thought he was kidding, since Colin is 4 and years away from riding a bike without training wheels, but he was serious about not missing out on that experience. This summer Colin is going to be playing t-ball for the first time, since Brett won't be able to go to any games, he went out with Colin to buy his baseball
mit before he left. After that he took Colin out to play catch for his first time. Brett really treasures every experience he gets with his boys. Whether it is reading
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to Colin only a few days after he was born.

Running around Tom Sawyers Island, over and over again, because Colin is having so much fun.

Being incredibly happy to see us, and join in the mayhem, even when he has had a long day.

Exploring new places.
Or giving the boys 90 percent of their baths, and coming up with things to make it fun.
These are just some of the thing I love about Brett, I could go on forever. I could not ask for a better Father for our children, or a better Husband for me. Happy Father's Day sweetheart. I love you!
(Ian made this for you in school, I thought you might like to see it.)
2 comments:
First of all, I need a Kleenex. I'll be right back . . .
. . . Okay. *ahem . . . sniff* I had one comment about reading Harry Potter to Colin. Although it looks like I'm just reading to myself, I'm reading it aloud to Colin in my best British accent. Nowadays, I still sometimes read books to the kids with a British accent, and they get mad at me and say, "Dad, don't do that weird voice!" Who knows? Maybe when Colin was lying on that pillow on my lap he was thinking the same thing!
Necia that is so cute! Sad that Brett is so far away! Brett always has been so great with kids! I will never forget how he let Kristy and I "beat up" on him when we were so little we couldnt say his name and called him "Burrett" Your kids are so lucky to have a Dad like him!
Post a Comment