CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Early Risers

Lately the boys have been waking up early, and I do mean early! Like 4:00 early. You can imagine how much fun they have been to be around. Today was one of those days. When Brett woke up at 5:00 this morning, he found the boys playing in the toy room. (They couldn't tell us how long they had been up.) We tried to get them to go back to sleep, but no such luck. Since Brett teaches a night class on Thursdays, it was up to me to do something about the whole not sleeping thing. So, I formulated a plan. The plan basically consisted of no naps for Ian, and going to play at Lookout Ridge as soon as Colin was done with school, and we weren't coming home until they were completely exhausted. When we got there, the boys immediately started to play games with these other boys, and it kept them really busy. As soon as the other boys had to go home, it got a little harder to keep my boys playing. At one point, near the end, Colin actually laid down in the bounce house, he was just too tired to jump. Lucky for me, Ian accidentally jumped on him, and it made Colin decide it wasn't a very safe place to take a nap. By the time we left, 2 hours and 45 minutes later, the boys could barely stand up. When we got home Ian actually fell asleep while eating his dinner. I don't mean he fell asleep at the table or on his plate, I mean he actually fell asleep while putting food into his mouth. (I am so mad, I couldn't find the camera in time to get it on film.) Once I got their pajamas on, (and let me tell you it was not easy), I carried them to their beds and read a page of a bed time story. That was all I got through before both boys were completely out. Keep your fingers crossed that this will at least help with the not sleeping thing. Otherwise, it is a good thing we have a punch pass to Lookout Ridge.

3 comments:

Barbara Jackson

Good luck darling!!!!!

Joseph

Wow. That's a weird thing for them to start doing. I hope your strategy works out for you, although I expect that it will take a few nights. Circadian rhythms don't usually change from just one night's exhaustion.

Marti

So did this work?