CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Creative Solutions

Ian absolutely loves to play with play-doh. If he is playing with Brett, he can play for hours without effort. For his birthday, Ian received the Play-Doh Magic Swirl Ice Cream Shoppe. We decided to pull it out on Friday for a little family time. We played for at least an hour and a half and had a lot of fun.

When we were done, I cleaned everything and left it on the counter to dry. On Saturday I woke up, came downstairs, and discovered the boys had decided to get everything back out by themselves. Only this time, they were playing on the coffee table instead of the kitchen table, and there was play-doh all over the carpet. After we got the mess on the table cleaned up, I tried to clean up the carpet, but it wouldn't come clean. Brett suggested we let it dry, and then vacuum it up. We told the kids they couldn't walk on the rug until we vacuumed, because we didn't want them to rub the play-doh further into the carpet. A few minutes later, the ball Ian had been playing with rolled under the coffee table and stopped next to the couch. Brett and I were discussing what Ian would do about it when we looked up to see Ian doing this.

I guess when we talk, Ian really does listen! Who knew?

0 comments: