Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Stop, Tuck, 'n Roll
I just finished signing Colin up for his summer activities and realized there isn't much for Ian to do. He is just too young still. So a friend of mine told me about some classes she has put her kids into and told me to check them out. I did a little research and decided that I would take Ian to Rolly Pollies, to see if it was something he would like. It only took Ian a few minutes to open up and join in, which is so incredibly fast for him. Usually he hangs out on the side when he is in a new situation. They had him climbing rock walls and walking a balance beam without any help within 5 minutes of us getting there. After that, he completed a ladder obstacle course without much help. This had me thinking I might actually be able to put up the bunk beds after all. I had no idea he was so coordinated. (It was at this point that I remembered I had brought my camera.) Next it was into the the foam pit, where they had the kids swim across and climb a cargo net to retrieve scarves.
Once they had brought it back, they jumped in and did it again. Ian loved it. After that, they used rings to swing out into the foam.
Ian was giggling the entire time. When they were done in the foam pit, it was time for free time. While Ian was waiting for the moon bounce to blow up, he took a few trips down the tumbling tramp.
After that, he spent the rest of his time in the moon bounce.
When it was time to go home, he couldn't wait to come back again. That afternoon, the boys went to my friend Kimberly's for a playdate. When we got home, Ian was so tired, but I wouldn't let him take a nap, since it was too close to bed time. Ian was really mad, and when I wasn't looking he went behind the couch, curled up into a ball, and went to sleep.
Lucky for me, I found him before he was too far gone and distracted him with play-doh. In the end, I guess I found something fun Ian can do this summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
This looks so cool! I wish we had something like that around here.
Post a Comment