CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Early Bird Gets the Sprinkles

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about family traditions. Mostly about the small ones that happen on a semi-regular basis. I really want to establish them while the boys are too young to know the difference -- things like a family movie or game night. I think if the boys had these types of things to look forward to it may even improve their behavior on some level, which is something else I am working hard to do. A few weeks ago, Brett went out to get some milk on a Saturday morning and returned with surprise doughnuts for breakfast. A week or so after that Brett took our friends to the airport at like 6:30 in the morning, so he stopped off to get doughnuts again. The boys loved this. So Brett and I decided to see if they would like to get going early yesterday to go to the store and get doughnuts (their favorite goes fast). This time we decided to actually eat them at the store. It was a big hit!

The store has an upstairs eating area that allows you to look out over the whole store. The boys would take a bite of their doughnut and then turn around and proceed to tell us all the numbers they could see, which as you can imagine was quite a few. When we were walking back to the car, Colin asked if we could come back and do it all again. I guess this is how traditions get started!

2 comments:

Allison

Your little Ian could not be any cuter. The red hair just kills me! Great to see you are back to blogging!

Sjauna

How cute! We took our kids to Dunkin Donuts for family night and they can't get over it. I guess we'll be going back!