CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tickled Pink

For Brett's spring break, we decided to take a trip to Utah to see our families. One of the things Brett wanted to do while we were there was take Colin skiing. So once we got to Utah, Brett ran around getting all the gear they needed ready. The night before they were going, Brett wanted to get Colin all dressed up, down to the skis, to make sure everything would work. Colin didn't want to cooperate. He wanted to go downstairs and play the Wii. Ian, on the other hand, wanted to put on everything, including the skis. He even had Brett and my brother Trey pull him around the room so he was actually skiing. After this, Brett decided to take both of the boys skiing. We decided that Brett would take Colin up to Sundance first thing, and when Colin was tired, he would call me and I would bring Ian up.

After about and hour of skiing, I got a phone call to come make the switch. Ian and I walked up to the rope pull to see Colin and Brett all decked out in their ski gear.

Colin was so excited to see us, he was talking a mile a minute.

Colin made two more runs while I was there, and that was so much fun to watch.

After that we switched the boys,

and all the gear,

I got to watch as Ian made his first runs.

They made about two runs and Ian said he was done, so they skied to the bottom of the mountain and we started to pack up. Just then, Ian said that he was wanted to ride the actual ski lift and ski down the mountain. As soon as Ian said this, Colin echoed what Ian had said. Brett was going to ski the rest of the day anyway, so we went to get the boys lift passes. (At Sundance they are free until age 5) So Brett took Ian up the mountain first and Colin and I went to the car for a snack. When they were done, Brett called me and we switched again, and Brett took Colin up the mountain while I took Ian to the car for a snack. When Brett and Colin were done we went to eat lunch in the lodge.

After that, I loaded two very tired boys into the car and Brett stayed to ski the rest of the day. The boys had so much fun, they couldn't stop talking about it the whole way home. Well, that is till Ian passed out from exhaustion. Colin didn't sleep, but he didn't move from the couch for the rest of the afternoon. The boys absolutely loved skiing and the time with their dad, and I know Brett enjoyed it as well.

You might even say that he was tickled pink!!!

4 comments:

Natalie

There's nothing cuter (or cooler - that's for the benefit of the dads out there) than little kids in ski gear! Tickled pink... you crack me up, Necia.

Sjauna

How fun! Don't you love introducing kids to new things! It makes me feel like a kid again.

Becca Gilbert

That is so fun that he took the boys skiing! I didn't even know you guys were out here! I bet that was a huge relief for Lana to see her grandbabies!

Kristin

Brett is such a great Dad! I was just telling Matthew that there are not many Dads out there that take the time to do the things he does with his kiddos. I remember when he took Colin by himself camping with the ward! He was soo sweet with Colin! That is so fun that you guys could go to Utah for a break!