CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

It Must Run in the Family

We are going a little out of order on our blog posts, but the grandparents are not going to want to wait for us to post this one!

I had said earlier that Brett had a semi-major drum project in the works for the kids. Brett wanted the kids to be able to each learn a song on the drums and perform it at our ward talent show. The boys practiced for several weeks, and I would say more, but words can't do it justice.

Here is the video. It is kind of long, but definitely worth it. Enjoy!



After the boys were done performing, the cheering went on and on and on. Their act absolutely brought the house down, and it was really an electric moment.

Of course, Colin and Ian are now stars. Everyone last night at the talent show and today at church kept coming up and saying how they absolutely loved the kids' performance. Today in Sacrament Meeting, the conducting bishopric member thanked everyone for coming to the talent show and then said to the whole congregation that his favorite act of all was the Gilbert boys playing the drums! When Colin heard this praise coming from over the pulpit, he jumped up and down with his arms in the air and a giant smile on his face!

All last night and today, Brett was absolutely beaming, and he is so proud of Colin and Ian. He said that it was one of the happiest moments of his life to be able to perform onstage with his kids.

Before the show, Brett and I were worried that the kids might get nervous playing in front of such a large audience--there were about 200 people in attendance. As you can see, our fears were completely unfounded.

And not only were the kids totally unfazed by the limelight, they are already beginning to plan what songs they want to play for next year's talent show!

11 comments:

Unknown

An astounding performance! I'm especially impressed with how the boys kept the rhythm so well. Terrific choice of songs, too. Be sure and notice Ian's fancy stick twirl as he's seated in the chair during the second number. I'm looking forward to a live encore in a couple of weeks!

Barbara Jackson

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The boys did GREAT!!! Made me laugh and cry, all before sunrise this morning:)

Good job with the video too Necia.

Ned

Loved the performance. Looked like all three of them had a great time. Sounded like I could even hear Evan singing along at one point.

Kristin

That was absolutely amazing! It seriously brought tears to my eyes!

I have to say, one thing that Matthew and I will always remember about Brett is that he was the BEST father. The boys will ALWAYS remember this!!

So cute!

Melissa

That was amazing! You've got some talented family members there!!

Marti

So AWESOME Colin & Ian!!! (and Brett too)....

Kerri

Yeah! I am so sad we missed it! That was awesome and Tyler and Dylan were glued to the computer watching it! You guys definitely rock!

P.S. Fun to see you have a blog, too!

Kirsten

That was fun to watch! I'm amazed too on how well they kept the rhythm. Way to go boys!

Elaine

Way to go!!!! It was GREAT!!!!

Barbara Jackson

Watched it a thousand times!!!

Kristyn

Totally cute video - I love it! And i agree with Kristen that Brett is the best dad ever! And you're quite a good mom yourself! :)

Necia, I assume you guys still have your Disneyland passes?? I've always wanted to go with you and your kids, well, my pass is expiring soon so I'm trying to squeeze in some extra trips this month before that happens. I'm going this coming Tues and Wed (the 2nd and 3rd I think? of June), hopefully you get this in time and come meet up with us. I would LOVE to see you there! Email me: thackattack@cox.net.
If it doesn't work then then I've got just a small window that we could hopefully make it work, so let me know! Thanks!!