CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Someone's been sleeping in MY bed, and he's STILL THERE!

Last night, Ian walked into my room and asked if he could sleep in my bed. I told him no, he could sleep in the toddler bed we have in our room for such occasions. He started to cry, which was weird since he normally will just get into the toddler bed without any problems. When I asked him why he was crying, he said he couldn't sleep in the toddler bed. So I asked him why not and he replied "because Colin is already sleeping in my bed!" This was news to me. I got out of bed and went over to find out why Colin was out of his bed. He said that he didn't feel good and wanted to be with us. To be nice, and to save what little sleep I had left, I offered to let Colin stay in the toddler bed and let Ian climb into bed with me. Apparently, that is not what Ian wanted anymore, and he demanded that Colin vacate his bed immediately. To avoid a really big fight, I asked Colin why he didn't feel good. Colin then told me that he was really tired because he hadn't slept enough the night before. A little confused by his answer, I replied, "is that it?" He nodded his head and then laid back down. Since he had no other symptoms, besides sleep deprivation, I told Colin he needed to go back to his room and sleep. He was a little hesitant, but he went back to his room and Brett tucked him back in while I dealt with Ian. A few minutes later, Colin was back in our room complaining about how he didn't get enough sleep the night before. So once again, Brett tucked Colin back in, this time explaining that Colin needed to go to sleep in order to feel better. It took everyone a little bit of time to recover from our little adventure, but within 20 minutes everyone was back asleep, except for me of course! When we finally got to pre-school this morning, Colin gave a detailed account of our little adventure to his teacher. Sometimes what my kids find exciting, I just find annoying.

6 comments:

Brett Gilbert

There is absolutely no way I could have pieced this story back together (like Colin did). I think this is mainly due to the interesting-annoying thing (*yawn*).

necia

Whatever, it's because you slept through the whole thing!

Brett Gilbert

Hey, my name came up twice in the tale! That means that when the movie version goes into production, they will actually have to cast someone to play me (probably Brad Pitt or George Clooney or both), instead of just stuffing pillows in my side of the bed. But alas, I will admit that Brad and George wouldn't qualify for anything more major than Best Supporting Actor.

Marti

I hope ALL of you sleep tonight. Since I'm on MST I hope all 4 of you are already going nitey,nite!. hehehehhe Don't you love kids? Esp. when I don't have to get up with them!!! hehehehe Love all of you!

Brett Gilbert

Note the time of this comment. Sorry Marti.
I was up dealing with children--or rather, their plane tickets to Disneyland in January!
I will sleep after finals.

Nicole

BRETT GO TO SLEEP!!! I am so glad that it's not just my kids that want to see what ever hour of the night look like.