CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dough Boys

Last week I decided it would be fun to surprise Brett with scones for dinner. While I was getting everything together, Colin came into the kitchen and offered to help. I told him to pull up a chair and put him to work kneading the dough.

Once he started kneading he couldn't stop laughing. Colin's laughter attracted Ian to the kitchen, where Ian immediately grabbed a chair and joined in the fun.

My dad makes the worlds best scones! He says the secret is the amount of time you knead the dough, at least ten minutes. Since the boys were doing most of the kneading , we had to double the kneading time to get the dough to look like my dads. Since 20 minutes is a long time for my boys to do any project, they got a little restless. You know what this means. Flour fight!!!!! Ian was the first to make contact with something other than the kitchen floor. Colin didn't like getting hit in the face and we had to stop before things got out of hand.

The boys were really proud to see the scones come out of the fryer that night. All their hard work paid off, the scones were really good!

1 comments:

Becca Gilbert

Hey Necia I have emailed Bret a few times but haven't gotten a response. I am sending the calendar to print in the next day or so and I have zero pictures of your family. I can steal some off you blog, but I figured you'd rather have ones in there that you pick! If you guys could email me photos asap I would appreciate it! Rebeccajoygilbert@gmail.com