CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Secret Ingredient

Tonight at dinner, Ian was really ornery and refused to eat. Brett and I gave him plenty of options, but he just kept crying. Finally, Brett decided to try something unusual. The boys have been watching a lot of Kung Fu Panda, and they are obsessed with it. So Brett offered to let Ian eat out of one of my Armetale pewter bowls. The reason he gave to Ian was that if Ian was to look into the shiny bowl, he would see his reflection--only his reflection would not be normal. Instead, Ian would look like Tai Lung did when he was fighting with Po and Po sat on him and his face got all smushed. A demonstration of the smushing and appropriate sound effects followed. Because the demonstration had such a good effect on Ian, Brett repeated it over and over again until Ian started eating out of the "Kung Fu Panda bowl." I have to hand it to Brett, when it comes to his creativity, it is the "stuff of legends!"

2 comments:

Brett Gilbert

If you invest a lifetime mastering the elements of taste and especially plating and originality, then you too can become a Pewter Shef!

Aspen

Hi Necia,
I knew your husband way back in our CEC days. It looks like he hasn't changed a bit...still the same creative Brett he always was. I hope you don't mind if I keep checking back. I love your cute little boys. They look so much like their daddy!