CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Vacation

Ian is the first in our family to reach that wonderful time of year we like to call Christmas Vacation. Today was his last day of school for the semester. It is so amazing to see how much he has grown in such a short amount of time. His teacher, Miss Sandy, sat down by us while we were making play-doh Christmas trees and told me how impressed she was by how visible Ian's progress is. When we first started to go to class when it came time to separate I would have to sneak out of the classroom and as soon as Ian discovered what I had gone he would get mad for about 2 minutes and then he would be fine. (Which I thought was awesome since some of the kids in his class would either cry the whole time, or not let mom leave at all.) Now I am able to leave the classroom in plain sight of him and he will actually wave goodbye to me and go about his business. (This also comes in handy on Sunday's as Nursery is not longer a battle, but more like something he looks forward to.) She also commented on how much more open Ian is lately. I have always called him my little turtle because he tends to poke his head out and when it is all to much he will retreat into his shell. But lately there has been less retreating and more exploring. I even heard him singing songs with the class today. Usually he will only sing if it's just immediate family around. It just goes to show how truly lucky we are to live in Minnesota where we have these wonderful programs for the kids.

7 comments:

Rachael

necia, i'm so excited to reconnect with you via blogger! yay! i didn't get your email, so i'm really glad you sent this! i'll email you at your old address and see if that's the right one for you now!

Kathryn Cooper

Hi Necia! I happened to be reading a comment on Kristin's blog and saw you. How are you guys? This is Kathryn Cooper from the BYU 85th ward! check out our blog.

Aubrey

Hey Necia! Its so good to see your blog site. I'm a huge fan.. although I haven't started my own yet! How are you and the family doing??
-Aubrey Cooper

Crapos

So, what kind of school are your kids in? Just curious.

Barbara Jackson

Papa and I LOVE this, it makes you guys seem so much closer!!!!!!!!!!
Disneyland here we come:)

Dan Olsen

Hey Necia,
This is Emily, even if it says Dan. Your boys are adorable! I love Ian's hair. I am going to try to be a good blogger like you, wish me luck! Tell Collin happy birthday from Jake!

Nicole

I am so glad for Ian. Congrats on two kids who like school.