In my excitement to pick Brett up from the airport (finally!), I forgot my camera. And what happened was so picture-worthy I am still a little upset that I don't have it on film. The boys and I were waiting, not very patiently I might add, for Brett to come down the escalators. As soon as the boys saw him come around the corner, they ran for the escalators. When Brett didn't reach the bottom fast enough, they started climbing the stairs trying to get to him. They were so excited when they finally reached him I don't think they let go of him for a couple minutes. In fact, they didn't want him out of their sight for the rest of the day, which was hard since Brett had jet lag and needed to sleep. The boys let Brett take it easy for a little while, but come Monday morning, they made him take them to Kangaroo Zoo again. Tuesday we headed to Thanksgiving point to visit the Dinosaur Museum.
(Ian is giving the Dinosaur his best "Dinosaur smile.") Wednesday we took Brett to see Kung Fu Panda, and the boys enjoyed it, but I think they had more fun playing in the fountain outside with Dad.

One of the things Brett wanted to do with the boys while we were in Utah was take them camping. Since it was a boys only trip (Brett, Uncle Andrew, Colin, and Ian), I don't have any anecdotes to share, but the boys came home smelling like fire, passed out tired, with big smiles on their faces. They liked it so much they cleaned out the tree house so they could camp out again. Those plans fell through, mainly because when the time came to go sleep out there, the boys were less than enthused. They still had a great time playing out there though.
After a week of spending time as a family, Brett and I got to go up to Eden, Utah for a little vacation. (Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the boys. You guys are the best!) It was wonderful. Brett got to do a little golfing, while I read a book and drove the golf cart.
I think I actually ended up having more fun than Brett did. Who knew driving a golf cart was that much fun? We also went horseback riding for a couple of hours.

It was really fun for me to watch Brett ride a horse for the first time. I haven't been riding in a long time, but I used to ride at least once a week when I lived in
Rexburg. I forgot how much I love it, and how sore you are the next day! We had so much fun, I don't think I can wait another five years to take another trip without the kids! After our trip, it was time to head back to Minnesota. I was really sad to leave our family, but it sure was nice to come home and have my husband home again.
1 comments:
Alright Necia, I have been looking through your pictures each post looking for one of you. Obviously you are always behing the camera, but you need to step into the light and let us see your pretty face. I am glad that your family is reunited. Hope things are well.
Melinda (Mann) Cowan
Post a Comment